(More customer reviews)I live in a one-bedroom unit in a massive apartment building with 6 laundry machines in the basement. I did not buy this unit from Amazon but rather from a Chinese electronics dealer in my area. Haier is very popular in China and the machine came highly recommended by the dealer.
The dealer delivered it to me, set it up and away we went. I have had this unit for about a month and here are my comments:
1) The unit is quieter than a traditional laundry machine.
2) I have had no problems with balancing the machine or with water intake. It fills quickly so long as there is high water pressure. The machine balances itself by stopping and starting until the clothes are balanced.
3) The high water level can accommodate a lot of clothes. I do about 3 loads a week: shirts/undies, pants, and towels.
4)It uses a lot less soap than traditional washers (about half I would say)
5)The regular wash runs for about 45 mins which I found excessive. The quickwash runs for about 22 minutes and I find that my clothes are perfectly clean. I only use the regular wash for very soiled items.
6) My unit came with casters so I had no problem. You may also buy casters at the hardware store... the casters are fairly standard.
7) Hooking it up to the sink did require a trip to the hardware store but it was easy to find the adapter as I brought the intake hose with me.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Haier HLP23E Electronic 1-1/2-Cubic-Foot Touch Pulsator Top-Loading Portable Washing Machine
Ideal for small apartments or homes with limited space, this portable washing machine connects to a sink in just five easy steps with the included quick-connect sink adapter. The appliance features a 1-1/2-cubic-foot tub that can accommodate loads both large and small, plus an electronic control panel with an LED display for simple operation. Choose from four wash cycles (soak, wash, rinse, or spin); four water-level settings (very low, low, medium, or high), depending on the size of the load; and six cycle programs (standard, heavy, gentle, quick wash, wash, or spin). It also provides a power "on/off" button, a "start/pause" button for starting or pausing the wash cycle, function indicator lights, a beep to signal the end of the cycle, and automatic shut-off after about 10 minutes. Leveling legs make it possible to stabilize the unit even if it sits on uneven ground, and its see-through top lid allows for checking in on the wash cycle at a glance. To ensure safety, the unit will not operate with the lid open. Accessories include a power-cord clip, a water inlet hose, a drain-hose outlet plug, a gooseneck drain hook, a drain hose clamp, a lint filter, and a water filter--both filters can be removed for cleaning as needed. Fully assembled, the CSA-approved washing machine measures 19-11/16 by 21-1/8 by 34-23/32 inches and carries a one-year warranty.