(More customer reviews)Our old washing machine broke a couple of months ago; and, even though we could have fixed it, we decided it was time to go with a new front loading washer & dryer instead. The main reason we wanted front loading machines was because of the space savings when stacked. After a week of research, we settled on either this LG model or the comparable Samsung - and we settled on the LG because it was just a bit less expensive.
At first we were a bit nervous about the height of the machines when stacked, but those fears were completely unfounded. I'm 5'9" and I can access both the washer and dryer with ease. As a quick reference, if you're worried about the height, the bottom of the dryer opening sits at 54" when stacked, the center of the dryer control knob sits at 76", and the top of the dryer is at 79".
Aside from the obvious space savings, here are the things we've really liked about this dryer:
1) It runs very quietly with no noticeable vibration. I was worried about this after reading reviews for other front loaders, but it hasn't been a problem at all - even with both the washer & dryer stacked and running at the same time.
2) The controls are intuitive and easy to use.
3) I like the estimated time remaining which gives a fairly good estimate for how much time is left for most loads. Although, it isn't always accurate and does reset itself repeatedly for some loads.
4) Both the washer & dryer are very high capacity units and we haven't found anything, including bedding, that won't fit.
5) I like that it senses obstructions in the dryer vent hose. I actually tested this out by jamming the hose, and it worked perfectly:).
The only thing I would change on the dryer is that the controls don't remember their previous settings. This can be a bit irritating since we use the same settings 95% of the time. Luckily they are easy to set, but you do need to reprogram it every time you turn it on.
Overall we are extremely pleased with this dryer. I guess time will tell if these hold up as well as our old washer & dryer did, but so far I'm pretty confident that they will. I highly recommend these if you're looking for a new front-loading washer and dryer.
Click Here to see more reviews about: LG : DLE2301R 27 Electric Dryer with 7.3 cu. ft. Capacity Wild Cherry Red
XL Load Capacity with NeveRust Stainless Steel Drum (7.3 Cu. Ft.)
Sensor Dry System for Intelligent Fabric Care and Energy Efficiency
9 Drying Programs
5 Temperature Levels
Precise Temperature Control with Variable Heat Source
Wrinkle Care Option
Delicate and Ultra Delicate Cycles
Style and Design
Upfront Electronic Control Panel with Dual LED Display and Dial-A-Cycle
Large Chrome Rimmed Door with Clear Glass
Stackable with Matching Washer
Optional Matching Drawer Pedestal
LoDecibel Quiet Operation